FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5929 Discussions

DE1-SOC: Do you know why can't I run Demonstration Batch .bat file as UserGuide says?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey there, 

I think this is a simple question, I'm following the user manual of DE1-SOC by Altera Terasic. Now in the page 59, for making an audio recording and playing project, it is used a demo-batch folder, it says that clicking on this, will load programming into the EPCQ, 

but when I click on this .bat file, give me an error message which says: " The system cannot find the path specified, please check your USB Blaster", actually my USB Blaster is well connected and Quartus II can recognize it. So what am I missing here?  

please help, Thanks in advance! 

this is the manual 

ftp://ftp.altera.com/up/pub/altera_m...ser_manual.pdf (ftp://ftp.altera.com/up/pub/altera_material/boards/de1-soc/de1_soc_user_manual.pdf)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You probably need to run the bat file from the SOC EDS command shell rather than just clicking on it.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

You probably need to run the bat file from the SOC EDS command shell rather than just clicking on it. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi Galfomz, i'm sorry could you please elaborate more? I'm very new at this so sorry.. How do I come into SOC EDS command shell?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello sujeto1, 

Could you share your batch file here? I would like to have a look at it.  

"The system cannot find the path specified" message indicates that command written in your batch file ( you can see that command by opening your batch file in TextPad) is unable to find the file mentioned in that command. 

Warm Regards, 

Bhaumik
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The batch file is the one you mentioned in your question. The command shell is under windows Start->Altera# ## web edition->Nios II EDS# ##->Nios II command shell. Some other common problems to consider: Have you made sure that the path to the Quartus install doesn't have any spaces anywhere in the path? (like "Program Files")? I use C:\Altera for my install. The same thing probably applies to the system CD install as well.

0 Kudos