FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5152 Discussions

DE1-SOC: Do you know why can't I run Demonstration Batch .bat file as UserGuide says?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey there, 

I think this is a simple question, I'm following the user manual of DE1-SOC by Altera Terasic. Now in the page 59, for making an audio recording and playing project, it is used a demo-batch folder, it says that clicking on this, will load programming into the EPCQ, 

but when I click on this .bat file, give me an error message which says: " The system cannot find the path specified, please check your USB Blaster", actually my USB Blaster is well connected and Quartus II can recognize it. So what am I missing here?  

please help, Thanks in advance! 

this is the manual 

ftp://ftp.altera.com/up/pub/altera_m...ser_manual.pdf (ftp://ftp.altera.com/up/pub/altera_material/boards/de1-soc/de1_soc_user_manual.pdf)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You probably need to run the bat file from the SOC EDS command shell rather than just clicking on it.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

You probably need to run the bat file from the SOC EDS command shell rather than just clicking on it. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi Galfomz, i'm sorry could you please elaborate more? I'm very new at this so sorry.. How do I come into SOC EDS command shell?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello sujeto1, 

Could you share your batch file here? I would like to have a look at it.  

"The system cannot find the path specified" message indicates that command written in your batch file ( you can see that command by opening your batch file in TextPad) is unable to find the file mentioned in that command. 

Warm Regards, 

Bhaumik
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The batch file is the one you mentioned in your question. The command shell is under windows Start->Altera# ## web edition->Nios II EDS# ##->Nios II command shell. Some other common problems to consider: Have you made sure that the path to the Quartus install doesn't have any spaces anywhere in the path? (like "Program Files")? I use C:\Altera for my install. The same thing probably applies to the system CD install as well.