FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5929 Discussions

DE1-SoC Development and Education Board

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I kindly ask for your help if you know the Terasic / DE1-SoC Development and Education Board. 

Specifically: 

1) If you need dynamic reconfiguration, would you buy a development board like that (considering few money in hands)? 

2) Doy you know if this board has presented serious problems or is it being used regularly for the student community? 

Regards 

Jaraqui
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Jaraqui, 

You probably know about this already, and I'm not actually in a good position to tell you what to do, but hopefully you'd find the followings useful. 

1. This DE1-SoC board is capable of performing dynamic reconfiguration.  

2. All the comments collected so far are positive. Considering this is a relatively new board, more boards shall be deployed this year.  

David from Terasic
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Dav, 

I am intending to buy it (probably in this week) for development at home. I am very interested to use the USB 2.0 interface in my application (one piece of the code running in the computer and the other running on the board - for acceleration purposes). 

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Any news on the ETA of the new batch. 

April is here and still no news on the terasic web site :) 

"first batch of de1-soc has been sold out, the next available batch is estimated to be available around april." 

Thanks, 

Ben
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Ben, 

Could you leave your email here or send one to sales@terasic.com ? Our sales team will keep you updated when the next batch of DE1-SoC is available. 

Thanks, 

David from Terasic
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks, 

I just emailed the info including your post for reference. 

regards, 

Benoit
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, for not opening another thread, I will reuse this one. I'm following the user manual of DE1-SOC by Altera Terasic. I'm pretty new on this, now in the page 59, for making an audio recording and playing project, they use a demo-batch folder, it says that clicking on this, will load programming into the EPCQ, but I'm unable to do it, for when I click on this .bat file, give me an error message which says: " The system cannot find the path specified, please check your USB Blaster", actually my USB Blaster is well connected and Quartus II can recognize it. So what am I missing here? please help, Thanks in advance! 

this is the manual 

ftp://ftp.altera.com/up/pub/altera_material/boards/de1-soc/de1_soc_user_manual.pdf
0 Kudos