FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

DE1 SoC hangs when programmed

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi! 

I have made a small program to make a led flicker and programmed the FPGA with it. Everything went fine. However I have another project which I used to build in a previous version of quartus II and program it on an older cyclone II FPGA. I build this same project with the newer quartus II version 17.1 with no errors. However, when I try to program the cyclone V the following happens: the process starts properly, reaches 86% and then fails. After that I have to power off and on the FPGA so that it works again. 

Any idea would be appreciated. Thank you.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is the project targeting the correct device on your board? Did you adjust the pin assignments in the Pin Planner?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Is the project targeting the correct device on your board? Did you adjust the pin assignments in the Pin Planner? 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes, sure! Actually I am not that beginner. I have worked quite a lot with FPGAs.  

It used to give me a warning saying that the write logic was disabled. I rewrote my ram file and the warning dissapeared. I have also a warning stating the following:  

Warning (332060): Node: counter2 was determined to be a clock but was found without an associated clock assignment. 

Info (13166): Register \process_1:cnt[0] is being clocked by counter2 

Anyway, the project used to work on older software/hardware versions so I do not believe that the problem is related to code. 

I got it to work fixing the warning about the ram. However it only works under restricted parameter's values, so there is still something missing... 

Thanks.
0 Kudos