FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5153 Discussions

DE1-SoC "my_first_HPS" tutorial

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I want to use HPS on DE1-SoC board. I am following the instructions provided in the manual My First HPS. I downloaded and installed EDS under C:\altera\15.0 directory. When I type "Make"on the Embedded Command Shell, I get the error massage; 'Make' is not recognized as internal or external command ....... I searched for a Make.exe within C:\altera\15.0\embedded and there are several; I do not know which one to execute to compile my program, however I decided to execute this one: 

C:\altera\15.0\embedded\ds-5\bin\Make 

I get a error message - se attached screen shot. 

Is this the right "Make" ? 

How to define a path for the right Make? 

My operating system is Windows 7 

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I want to use HPS on DE1-SoC board. I am following the instructions provided in the manual My First HPS. I downloaded and installed EDS under C:\altera\15.0 directory. When I type "Make"on the Embedded Command Shell, I get the error massage; 'Make' is not recognized as internal or external command ....... I searched for a Make.exe within C:\altera\15.0\embedded and there are several; I do not know which one to execute to compile my program, however I decided to execute this one: 

C:\altera\15.0\embedded\ds-5\bin\Make 

I get a error message - se attached screen shot. 

Is this the right "Make" ? 

How to define a path for the right Make? 

My operating system is Windows 7 

Thanks 

--- Quote End ---  

Hello,  

Could you please check if you have set the SOCEDS_DEST_ROOT environment variable as C:\altera\15.0\embedded or not? 

Barbara,
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you Barbara. Please tell me how do I check for the environment variable?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Thank you Barbara. Please tell me how do I check for the environment variable? 

--- Quote End ---  

Hello, 

Please right click My Computer[/B],[/B] and select properties, and then click Advanced System Settings[/B][/B] and Environment Variables[/B][/B], then you can click Edit [/B][/B]to set the SOCEDS_DEST_ROOT environment variable as C:\altera\15.0\embedded. 

I attached the steps for your reference.  

Barbara,