FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

DE1-SoC "my_first_HPS" tutorial

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I want to use HPS on DE1-SoC board. I am following the instructions provided in the manual My First HPS. I downloaded and installed EDS under C:\altera\15.0 directory. When I type "Make"on the Embedded Command Shell, I get the error massage; 'Make' is not recognized as internal or external command ....... I searched for a Make.exe within C:\altera\15.0\embedded and there are several; I do not know which one to execute to compile my program, however I decided to execute this one: 

C:\altera\15.0\embedded\ds-5\bin\Make 

I get a error message - se attached screen shot. 

Is this the right "Make" ? 

How to define a path for the right Make? 

My operating system is Windows 7 

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I want to use HPS on DE1-SoC board. I am following the instructions provided in the manual My First HPS. I downloaded and installed EDS under C:\altera\15.0 directory. When I type "Make"on the Embedded Command Shell, I get the error massage; 'Make' is not recognized as internal or external command ....... I searched for a Make.exe within C:\altera\15.0\embedded and there are several; I do not know which one to execute to compile my program, however I decided to execute this one: 

C:\altera\15.0\embedded\ds-5\bin\Make 

I get a error message - se attached screen shot. 

Is this the right "Make" ? 

How to define a path for the right Make? 

My operating system is Windows 7 

Thanks 

--- Quote End ---  

Hello,  

Could you please check if you have set the SOCEDS_DEST_ROOT environment variable as C:\altera\15.0\embedded or not? 

Barbara,
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you Barbara. Please tell me how do I check for the environment variable?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Thank you Barbara. Please tell me how do I check for the environment variable? 

--- Quote End ---  

Hello, 

Please right click My Computer[/B],[/B] and select properties, and then click Advanced System Settings[/B][/B] and Environment Variables[/B][/B], then you can click Edit [/B][/B]to set the SOCEDS_DEST_ROOT environment variable as C:\altera\15.0\embedded. 

I attached the steps for your reference.  

Barbara,
0 Kudos