Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

DE10-Lite not recognized in Quartus Prime 17.02

I have installed device driver for Altera USB-Blaster. Windows 7 device manager is showing "Altera USB-Blaster" in USB devices but the device is not shown in Tools->Programmer. I have added the device (10M40DCF484) manually using Add Device option. But when I open the SignalTap II Logic Analyzer, I get "No device is selected" in JTAG Chain Configuration. Scan Chain option does not do any action (as seen in the scanned image). 

Thank you very much for your help.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

Click the Setup button to select the USB Blaster hardware.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

Hi Zubair, 

1. Have you turned on the hardware/ development Board? 

• You can add device in programmer without turning on the board. 

• You can see USB blaster available in device manager without turning on the board by just connecting the USB blaster to the PC. 

• But signal tap we can't add like that, it will automatically detect or by setup option. 

2. Have you loaded any .sof/.pof ? 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation) 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

Thanks sstrell and Anand for your replies. None of the suggested items worked. I have found the cause of this issue to be a conflict between Altera USB Blaster device driver and another USB to JTAG device driver from TI board that I am using to interface with the DE-10 Lite board. Apparently both use FTDI chip. Fortunately, the TI board I am using also supports a second JTAG interface via Blackhawk v2 System Trace debugger that does not conflict with the Altera device driver. 

Zubair
0 Kudos