FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5930 Discussions

DE10-Nano Stops after roughly 30 seconds

VROGE2
New Contributor I

I am running a program on my DE10-Nano which takes the 50MHz clock and Converts it to a 2MHz Square wave. I then output the 2MHz square wave over a GPIO pin and I am reading it with an oscilloscope. Everything seems to be working fine however, after about 30 seconds or so the lights change on the Board and the oscilloscope stops showing the 2MHz wave. At first I thought that it might be a problem with my code but I tried it on a DE0-Nano with a Cyclone IV and the code ran continuously with no issues. Is there a setting on the DE10-Nano that I need to change to stop this or is there something else going on? I have also noticed that other demo codes such as GRHD will stop after a similar amount of time.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

1. Please provide the status of LEDs( names & observation) for initially 30 seconds & after 30 seconds.
  2. Try to check by programming with another GPIO pin or check with another program, simply ensure that board is not faulty, if possible check with another DE10-Nano board.
  3. Please check the Quartus log/message window for any critical warning.

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

May I know any update?

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
VROGE2
New Contributor I

Sorry for the late reply I have been away from the project.

The green LEDs would be only remain lit until the board stopped running my code.

I was able to solve the problem by changing the MSEL pins to the AS configuration. Was that the correct way to go about solving to problem or did I change some other settings in doing that?

0 Kudos