FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

DE2-70 : Nios II EDS cannot build "Ethernet Packet Sending/Receiving" of Altera demo

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I am working on Ethernet port of DE2-70. Now I want to see the Ethernet demo of Altera. I did as followings: 

+ Download the latest demonstrations from http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?language=english&categoryno=53&no=226&partno=4 

+ Download and install Quartus 10.0 , Nios 10.0 from ftp://ftp.altera.com/outgoing/release/ 

Then, Quartus 10 can compile and download the HDL code to FPGA. But, NIOS II EDS 10.0 cannot build the software (DE2_70_NET\Software). I push "build project" then nothing happens!!!. 

Then, I also try with a 32-bit machine ( the current machine is 64 bit), but it still doesn't work. I don't know what to do ???  

Does anyone successfully build the Ethernet demo of DE2-70??? 

PS: Previously, I tried to run the mouse demonstration on accompanied CD with Quatus and Nios 11.0 but the same problem happened (NIOS II EDS cannot build the software ) 

Thank you all!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have to ask, have you set the IDE's workspace to that directory? Be sure you have both a board support package and the application in your workspace.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank kosh271. 

yes , I set: Nios II Workspace: DE2_70_NET\Software as instructed in the accompany CD \ "DE2_70_User_manual_v109.pdf" 

Attached image is my workspace. Then, I right-click on "DE2_70_NET" and choose "build project" but nothing happens !
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The only other thing I can think of is to try "Build As" and select NIOS II. Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear kosh271 (http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/member.php?u=41517), 

Can you show me where is "Build As" ? 

Thanks
0 Kudos