FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

DE2 KIt

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all 4rum! 

I'm running a VGA labs. The problem that is I just have one single LCD monitor, so I decide buy a data transfer switch box. However, when I connect to my KIT(DE2), it can't show on the monitor, rather remains in black and sign signal led on the monitor at that time is flashing periodically. Unfortunately, when I directly plug monitor cable to the KIT, no longer is it display DE2 default screen.  

Anyone can give me the reason tho my VGA port on the KIT ? 

Thanks a lot!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Please rephrase in better english nad add some more sentence to explain your problem. 

What exactly is the data transfer kit that you bought?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry for your impatient. I describable in detail as follow: 

I want to do some experiments to VGA port in KIT DE2, so firstly I use a demo program for VGA which is provided by Altera. More specifically, this program is belong to DE2_control_panel.  

Because I just have one monitor, so I need to unplug VGA cable from PC then connect it to VGA port on DE2 Kit to evaluate the result of the demo. Apparently, it is inconvenient and then I bought a switch permit to connect many PC to a monitor. At the first time, it worked but the second time test was fail. The default theme of DE2 is not displayed on the screen. I noticed that the signal led on the monitor is flash between yellow and green. (When the monitor does not get signal the led is yellow, otherwise it is in green) 

I guess VGA port in DE2 kit have got a trouble but I dont know how to fix it. I hope you give me some hints. 

Thank
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In an afford, I try some other VGA programs and fortunely, in the stuff of them, one is work. I took it from the source below http://www.johnloomis.org/digitallab/, while demos which companion to the KIT DE2 are fail.  

this problem have not happened before I setup a switch for two cable to my LCD monitor. 

I guess that DE2 kit get some wrong to the synchronous output. But what cause to it ?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

At the moment, to represent some simple image on LCD vga monitor, I need to use VGA_sync module. While the demos in attached CD is useless since I use a Data Transfer Switch. Sometime, It works but almost time not. I keep my ideal that my DE 2 Kit get something wrong to Hardware, but I dont know where problem is ?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok 

I will try to give you an advice
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks for any your support

0 Kudos