FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5918 Discussions

DE3, DE4 and Arria II GX - Version of Quartus II

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, in another post I was told that I need the Subscription Edition for what I need to do. So I serched the Altera website and the price of the Subscription Edition is $2995,00. A little expensive I think. 

I talked to my reserch leader and he said that they are buying these 3 kits: DE4, DE3 and Arria II GX. 

My question is what version of the Quartus II comes together with each kit? I searched on the site but couldn't find.  

Maybe we don't need to buy the Subscription Edition. 

Thank You!!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My Arria II GX kit came with a one-year subscription. For all intents and purposes, it is the same as the paid subscription, but you do not get licenses to the IP that is included in the paid subscription (DDR2/3, NIOS, and such...) - you can only evaluate them as you would with the web edition. Once this license expires, you will not be able to renew it though. I believe they did this because the web edition lacks support for the mid/high-end FPGAs such as Arria II GX. 

Hope this helps...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks ironmoose. 

I'll wait for the kit then.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Thanks ironmoose. 

I'll wait for the kit then. 

--- Quote End ---  

Did you receive your kit? Would you mind if I ask you which version of Quartus II came with your DE4. I am in the same boat as you and I would rather not buy Quartus if it comes with the kit.
0 Kudos