FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

DEO Nano demo and MegaWizard

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've got the evaluation version of Quartus II, V 15.0.0. I have the DE0 Nano board up and running, and I'm able to open/examine/compile/program the various demonstrations on the CD. All is well.  

Now I'm trying to work through the demo program in the user manual located at: 

http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?language=english&categoryno=139&no=593&partno=4 

I'm following the tutorial and all is well until the "Adding a Megafunction to the schematic" part of the tutorial. It says to insert symbol, then "Click the Megawizard Plug-in Manager button". I can find no Megawizard plugin button, and I can't find it in the menus anywhere. I know the Megawizard is installed, because on the demo projects, when I double click on the components in the "IP Components" tab, the wizard opens.  

I can insert the function (ALTPLL) as a block, but no wizard pops up. I've attached a screenshot. I'm sure the solution is pretty simple, but it certainly isn't intuitive to me at this point. 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11526&stc=1
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Anybody? A week without any form of response...is this standard for this forum?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am thinking what is the version of the Quartus II with the document of the Terasic, did you try to contact them and confirm at least you also using the near version to follow that guide?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Power_ranger, 

I will contact Terasic and see if they can help. But you click on their "forum" tab off their web site, and it leads you here...that's how I got here. Thanks for your suggestion. 

Joe
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm probably a little late, but in the right hand side of your screenshot, I can see the panel for IP Catalog. You should be able to find the IP components you need by using the search bar. The Megawizard Plug-in Manager was renamed to IP Catalog in newer versions of Quartus.

0 Kudos