De10-standard:U-boot for my personal design issue

CAlex
New Contributor II

Hi,

Environment:

Quartus Prime Lite 22.1std

SOCEDS standard 20.1

Host computer: Windows 11 with WSL2 ubuntu 20.04 LTS /python 3.9.1-arm64

I made a design with my personal IP in it.

And try to build the u-boot based on that.

I'm following the instruction on rocketboard.org:

CAlex_0-1680063695772.png

Here is the link:

Building Bootloader for Cyclone V and Arria 10 | Documentation | RocketBoards.org

And this error occured:

CAlex_1-1680063788031.png

Could you guys please help me fix that?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Yeah for that issue need to do this:

To resolve the NameError: name 'unicode' is not defined, replace the occurrence of "unicode()" with "str()". This issue occurs because unicode() was renamed to str() in Python 3.

Locate the unicode() in "cv_example.sdmmc/cv_soc_devkit_ghrd/software/bootloader/u-boot-socfpga/arch/arm/mach-socfpga/cv_bsp_generator/hps.py"

Then replace the unicode with str, for e.g.:

from

...( unicode("const u8 sys_mgr_init_table[] = {\n"))...

to

...( str("const u8 sys_mgr_init_table[] = {\n"))...

From my last experience these two seem to be the only issue I faced last time, it should be good after.

Thanks for your feedback! Yeah we are investigating the Python version for this and will fix the issue for future versions. We apologize for any inconvenience.

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Can you find the file mentioned in the error, hps.py you can locate it as mentioned in the error, the directory.

In the hps.py in the line "537" change it to this and re-try:

print ("***Error:Found unexpected HPS child node:%s" % childNode.nodeName)

0 Kudos
CAlex
New Contributor II

Hi,

Good news is that fixed that syntax problem.

-------------------------------------------------------

Bad news is there are many new error:

CAlex_0-1680171321455.png

regurads.

0 Kudos
CAlex
New Contributor II

BTW, my python version is 3.9.1-arm64 because the python SOC have in host-tool cause the bsp-editor warning.(I'm working on CyClone V so I must use bsp-editor) 

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Yeah for that issue need to do this:

To resolve the NameError: name 'unicode' is not defined, replace the occurrence of "unicode()" with "str()". This issue occurs because unicode() was renamed to str() in Python 3.

Locate the unicode() in "cv_example.sdmmc/cv_soc_devkit_ghrd/software/bootloader/u-boot-socfpga/arch/arm/mach-socfpga/cv_bsp_generator/hps.py"

Then replace the unicode with str, for e.g.:

from

...( unicode("const u8 sys_mgr_init_table[] = {\n"))...

to

...( str("const u8 sys_mgr_init_table[] = {\n"))...

From my last experience these two seem to be the only issue I faced last time, it should be good after.

Thanks for your feedback! Yeah we are investigating the Python version for this and will fix the issue for future versions. We apologize for any inconvenience.

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Do you have any further questions related to this thread?

0 Kudos
CAlex
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos