FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

De2-115 Development and Education Board Ethernet Socket Manufacturer

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I have DE2-115 dev. board and one of my ethernet sockets have blown up. I just want to replace it with a new one but the part number given in schematic files does not belong to any manufacturer ( Jack-RJ45-8P10C-B ) , I removed the burnt one but there is no code or manufacturer sign over it. How can I find a suitable gigabit magnetic rj45 connector. 

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

When did you purchase your DE2-115? Who do you purchase it from? Maybe they still have some warranty.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think that was voided(?) the moment the connector was esoldered. Are you sure no electronics have been damaged as well? If it is just the connector I would search for one with an identical footprint. You can do this by comparing datasheets. I usually search for components on websites of some electronics (web)stores.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You might be able to resolve this issue by purchasing the ethernet socket directly from Terasic. Please contact their sales team.  

I have a copy of the data sheet as well. If you need it, please contact me.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

Many thanks for your replies, in case somebody experiences the same problem, I have found a part that is fully compatible with De2-115. The part can be found in Halo Electronics with code number HFJ11-1G01ERL. We have tested it and everything seems to be running fine. 

Also you can find the link of the part from Mouser.  

http://www.mouser.com.tr/search/productdetail.aspx?r=0virtualkey0virtualkeyhfj11-1g01erl
0 Kudos