FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5922 Discussions

Debug server failing with "The script file ( device_browser.py ) failed during execution: See the error log for more information."

SDabh1
Beginner

Hello All,

I have question regarding debug server on eclipse.

I am trying to run simple "Hello World" for ARM compiler bare-metal. For this I am following the guide "https://people.ece.cornell.edu/land/courses/ece5760/DE1_SOC/ug_soc_eds.pdf"

This pdf has a section for "Getting Started with ARM Compiler Bare-Metal Project Management"

Everything is going well but when I am trying to run debug configuration(debug_server) it fails with errror "The script file ( device_browser.py ) failed during execution: See the error log for more information." It is not able to find the JTAG connection (USB Blaster II). If I run the

"./jtagconfig" command I am able to find the JTAG.

I have attached screenshot.

I would be really grateful if anyone can help me with this error.

Thank you.

jtag_debug.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Is this error pops up after you did the following?:

• Select target to be Altera > Cyclone V SoC (Dual Core) > Bare Metal Debug > Debug Cortex-A9_0 and Target Connection to be USB-Blaster. 
  • Click the Connection > Browse Button to select the connection to the target board. 

Possible solution: Before running eclipse, you must set the system variables QUARTUS_ROOTDIR and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Let me know if you need more help.

Regards.

0 Kudos