FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

Design not found for Transceiver Design Flow Level 2 - The Avalon MM Master

matif1
Beginner

Can you please share design of Transceiver Design Flow Level 2 - The Avalon MM Master? It is not available on your website

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to a design. Would you mind to further elaborate or refer me to the "Transceiver Design Flow Level 2 - The Avalon MM Master" that you are referring to? Some link will be helpful for me to further probe from there.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
matif1
Beginner

Hi,

thank you for your reply. I am referring to this one. Whenever I try to access this link, I find no Attachements or data. The page appears to be empty.

https://forums.intel.com/s/createarticlepage?articleid=a3g0P0000005RAKQA2&action=view&language=en_US

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I look into the page, seems like it is ported from wiki previously. I believe the attachment that you are referring to are previously stored in alterawiki. Since the alterawiki is no longer accessible, thus, we are unable to access the attachment or link. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Probably you could further elaborate on the specific issue that you are encountering when creating a XCVR design so that I could further assist you?

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
matif1
Beginner

I have cyclone V sockit board SoC (5CSXFC6D6F31C8ES). I am trying to set up SCVR custom phy ip core. Whenever I try to enter FPGA Fabric Transceiver Interface width of 20 and compile my design, I get the error "Error: Standard RX/TX PCS Parameter 'hd_pcs8g_digi_rx/tx_byte_deserializer' is set to an illegal value of 'en_bds/bs_by_2'. This mode is not supported with device speed grade of '8_H6', PMA WIDTH of 'twenty_bit' on atom" I saw on this link suggestion from intel (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd03172014_8.html) but I need to use FPGA Fabric transceiver interface width of 20. SO please guide me what can I do?

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you encounter some error related to the KDB solution rd03172014_8. As I look into the KDB and also the CV device handbook, it seems like the CV device with -6 XCVR speed grade and -8 core speed grade does not support Byte SERDES when the PCS-PMA width =16/20. 

You may try to disable the Byte SERDES to proceed. If need Byte SERDES + PCS-PMA width =16/20, you will need to look for other CV devices. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos