FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5931 Discussions

Determining configuration PROM size for an Arria II GX device

HSteg
Novice

I'm trying to determine the configuration PROM size for an Arria II GX device; specifically the EP2AGX65CU17I3G. I've reviewed the Arria II Device Handbook and paid specific attention to Handbook 1 Chapter 9: Configuration, Design Security and Remote System Upgrades in Arria II Devices but don't see this information there. Would someone please tell me where I can find this information. Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel communtiy.

Kindly clarify what do you mean PROM size?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
HSteg
Novice
Hi Aiman.N, Thanks for your interest in my question. By size, I mean the capacity of the configuration PROM. Often, FPGA vendors give a table that shows which configuration PROM to use with a FPGA device. I was having trouble locating that information for this Arria II device. In the Arria II Device Handbook, Volume 1, Chapter 9, I did find Table 9-8 that gives the Raw Binary File Size (uncompressed) for the configuration data for Arria II devices. From this, I need to use a PROM that can contain around 30Mbits of data for a EP2AGX65 device. I believe that answers my question but if you have additional information/insight, I’d be interested to learn. Thanks, Hal
0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Hal,

Thanks for the clarification.

The data in Intel Arria II Device Handbook was based on our successful testing on the device. Hence, it is best to follow our handbook to get the successful result in your project. I believe the handbook has answer your question.

Let me know if you have other concerns.

Thank you.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
HSteg
Novice
Hi Aiman, Thanks for your follow-up. OK, I’ll go by this file size to determine the correct Configuration PROM to use. Hal
0 Kudos