FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5922 Discussions

Dev board available for cyclone 10 10CX105 and 10CL120?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi are there development boards available for "larger" cyclone 10 like 10CX105 and 10CL120? basically we are looking for testing our design on a cyclone 10 product which has more than 100K logic cells. any advice/information is appreciated. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Development board with FPGA 10CX105 and 10CL120 are presently not available. 

Only two development board are presently available for cyclone 10 are. 

1. Intel Cyclone 10 GX FPGA Development Kit with a 220K logic element. 

2. Intel® Cyclone® 10 LP FPGA with a 24K logic element 

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance. 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Anand, Thank you for the response. we are a small start up dev team with limited budget, designing a consumer product targeting the low/mid cost market. it seems to us the new Intel cyclone 10 GX fpga 10CX105 would meet our requirement as it can provide 100K LE at a reasonable price in the $100 range. Our design requires a mid /high density (100K +) and cost effective FPGA. I have checked the DK-DEV-10CX220-A (220K) but the price may over our budget, and the 24K one you mentioned would not meet our requirement. I wonder what would be the best approach to test our design on a 100K cyclone 10? should we consider custom build test boards for the target FPGA? we just stepped in the are and may ask some questions sounds silly. any advice and recommendation is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Yes, you can develop a custom board as per your requirements which will be cost effective. 

or 

Try to use available boards for testing portion of code instead of the whole design. 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Saw the AI+ from UP a day or 2 ago.http://www.up-board.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/datasheet-template-ai-plus.pdf 

Looks very interesting, but may need a base card to run it with. I'm keeping an eye on low cost Cyclone 10 GX cards for my own project which currently runs a Cyclone V.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi rapidminer, 

There is a board under develpoment for a full featured C10 LP with 55kLE at Trenz Electronic in Germany, called "C10 LP Reference Kit". It will be available in about 4-6 weeks. Price is about 140-150€. 

You can have a prototype, if you want. Or you can talk to Trenz, if the can populate the 120kLE device on the board (the pacakge is the same). This should work. 

Yo can write an email to Trenz and ask.
0 Kudos