FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5241 Discussions

Difference between Cyclone II fpga boards

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Greetings, 

For the past few hours I have been trying to find out what is the difference between 

http://www.altera.com/products/devkits/altera/kit-cyc2-2c20n.html 

and 

http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?language=english&categoryno=53&no=296 

As far as I can tell; they both have the same screen and camera, so what's the difference? 

Pardon me if I've missed some obvious details as I am quite sleep deprived at the moment. And yes I am a 'newbie' at this since the only experience I have had with fpgas is limited to one course which I took last year.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

the Altera board with the 2 daughter cards and the Terasic set C should be the same

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you, how about set A and the first link with daughter boards?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

set A uses a DE2-70 board which has a much larger FPGA than the set C board

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Okay. So essentially I'll be paying a lot more for a board that is much larger if I buy the set A instead of the board itself+two daughter cards? If so, then I think my choices are much clearer now.  

Thanks in advance.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i don't quite understand your question, but 

option A has the largest FPGA, its nice to have extra resources when you are developing 

option B has a midsize FPGA, and there should be a lot more DE2 content out there than DE2-70 (opt A) 

option C has the smallest FPGA, and should be the same as the Altera links you originally posted