I am trying to load data into a RAM using In-System Memory Content Editor.
I am writing and reading the data using tcl scripts.
I have observed one thing here:
1. the data I read back is not the same as the data that I initially wrote.
2. Everytime I tried reading back the data, I observe different data.
10 01 02 13 11 15 06 07 08.
the next time I read back the data, this is the data I got:
00 01 02 03 15 05 06 17 08 09
The data that I initially wrote is this:
Way more info needed here. What device? What version of Quartus? What are your parameter settings for the RAM (or how are you inferring the RAM in code)? How do you have the hex editor displayed in the ISMCE (View menu)? When you say you are using Tcl scripts, are these scripts interacting with your design or the ISMCE itself? Have you tried manually editing values in the ISMCE hex editor to see if that works?
Sorry for not sharing the information in my initial post.
Please find the information below :
1. device : Stratix 10 MX (1SM21BHU2F53)
2. version : 19.2
3. What are your parameter settings for the RAM : I created a RAM IP. I instantiated that in my top level design.
5. the tcl scripts are interacting with ISMCE. We see same issue even in GUI.
Have you tried manually editing values in the ISMCE hex editor to see if that works?
- Meaning you did try and same output when read the content?
Can you try to recompile and rerun the script, write new value see if the content still messing?