FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5930 Discussions

Different memory init file for RAM IP

Ppavan
Beginner

Hi,

I have a question.

I am working with In System Memory content Editor (ISMCE) in Quartus prime pro 19.2 version. 

I am using the 1-port RAM IP from the IP catalog. I want to create multiple instances of the RAM IP, which I know how to do.

But, I want to create each RAM instance with a different memory initialization file.

Can someone please tell me how to do this?

For ex: I have two instances (ram_inst_1 and ram_inst_2) of 1-port RAM IP (which I named as single_port_ram_ip).

I want to have a different memory initialization file for them. Is it possible to do this? If so, how?

If it is not possible, is the only other method to do this is by creating another RAM IP? I have tried to do this, but faced with the following error :

"Can't elaborate top level user hierarchy" for the second RAM IP.

Can someone please help me with this issue?

Regards,

Pavan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nurina
Employee

I believe you can have different .mif files for them. You can specify the .mif file, refer to page 5 of this document: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_ram_rom.pdf#page=5

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Any updates?

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

We did not receive any response to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Regards,
Nurina

P/S: If you like my comment, feel free to give Kudos. If my comment solved your problem, feel free to accept my comment as solution!

0 Kudos