FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5931 Discussions

Drop-in replacement for 10M50DCF256C8G

OskarvH
Beginner

Hi, 

I am suspecting that the current silicon situation is dictating the answer for this question, but we are designing a platform with the MAX 10 10M50DCF256C8G, and they are at the moment quite hard to come by. 

That being said, are there any drop-in replacements that would work with the 10M50DCF256C8G, so that we can at least open up the possibility to source that replacement in the future? 
We are at the moment using ~60% of the LUT's, so a pin-compatible but less powerful FPGA could be an option. 

We're trying to secure components for a production run, which is of course a problem that everyone has at the moment.

Thanks and regards, 
Oskar

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

We do not have drop-in replacement for that device. I would advise you to refer to our catalog if you would like to look for alternative FPGA devices: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/sg/product-catalog.pdf

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

We do not have drop-in replacement for that device. I would advise you to refer to our catalog if you would like to look for alternative FPGA devices: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/sg/product-catalog.pdf

Thanks

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
OskarvH
Beginner

Hi, 

I see, thank you! I will have a look if an alternative FPGA could be used, otherwise I'll hope that we can dig up a couple of FPGA from somewhere  

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

Awesome! I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
OskarvH
Beginner

Just a comment/question wrt the difference between the 10M40DCF256C8G and 10M50DCF256C8G: From what I can see in the catalogue and datasheet, they seem somewhat interchangeable? Given that the RTL compiles on both FPGAs of course. 

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

The difference between those two OPNs are their log elements. OPN10M40DCF256C8G has 40k logic elements while 10M50DCF256C8G has 50k logic elements.

Please refer to below figure below from Intel® MAX® 10 FPGA Device Overview:

AminT_Intel_1-1630653363624.png

Thanks.

OskarvH
Beginner

Great, then I understood it correctly. We are not using 40k logic elements at the moment, so as long as that's the case, we should be able to use both the 10M40 and 10M50.

0 Kudos