FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

EP3C16F484I7N has two countrys of origin,is their function same?

Jason_Yang
Beginner

We recently purchased a batch of chips,their country of origin is Taiwan. The chips we purchased in 2014 is South Korea. We found that the x-ray photos of the chips from the two origins were different. Will this affect the use of the chip? Are their functions and usage exactly the same?

The chip's part number is EP3C16F484I7N.

The photos in attachment.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Do the chips from Taiwan function in your circuit?

Were they purchased from a reliable Intel/Altera authorized vendor, or on the open market?

They could easily be counterfeit/remarked completely nonfunctional if the latter.

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi,

First, you need to verify if you purchased the chips from the Intel Authorized Distributor (IAD) according to the location you purchased it. You can refer from the link below:

https://marketplace.intel.com/s/pmp-partner-program/a723b0000008PICAA2/distributor?language=en_US

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hello,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos