FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

EPM3128ATC144 Issue

VLor0
Beginner

I can't seem to examine the checksum on the Altera CLPD EPM3128ATC144 ? I am using Quartus 13.01.232 and a USB Blaster. I can do an auto-detect and it will see the EPM3128A, but when I try to blank check the device, it tells me that my device is blank after programming and I know it's not? Is there something I am doing wrong in the setup or is there a software version discrepancy between the programmer and software version that I am using incorrectly?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

May i know which programming file you are programming into the device?

0 Kudos
VLor0
Beginner

Hi Yaun,

I don't have the original program file, I only have the pof file that was sent to me. However, when I program the checksum back and then do a blank check. It's telling me the device is blank? I can't attach the pof file, because it won't let me? Also, from reviewing the data spec of the EPM3128ATC144, it says that the software for this CPLD is Max Plus II, could this be the issue?

0 Kudos
VLor0
Beginner

This is what I have on Quartus? I am running it on Windows OS 7 64 bit?

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

You still can use Quartus Version 13.0 SP1 for MAX3000A device.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/pcn/adv2030.pdf

What do you mean by program the checksum back? Probably you can try to program the POF with v13.0 SP1 and then only perform blank check.

0 Kudos
VLor0
Beginner

I think we are getting confused here. Here is my process using Quartus 13.01.232 and a USB Blaster on Windows 7 64 bit:

1. I auto-detect the device successfully.

2. I program the pof file successfully.

2. I examine the checksum successfully (in the attachment I sent earlier).

3. I then blank check the device, but it's saying that my device is blank? Why is it telling me it's blank after I have programmed the device with the pof file?

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Could you try to read back the programmed POF using Quartus Programmer? Also is the design working as intended after you have programmed POF file?

0 Kudos
VLor0
Beginner

Yes, I can read back the POF file, but when I program the POF file back to the MCU, it does not work correctly. Is there a security setting that I need to turn off during programming?

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

It seems like there is some programming issue as the readback POF file is not identical with the POF file.

May i know how do you do programming?

0 Kudos