FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
4960 Discussions

Error (209025): Can't recognize silicon ID for device 2.

ABoni12
Novice

I am trying to program a .jic into de DE10-Nano board (5CSEBA6U23I7). I am following the exact steps on the DE10-Nano User Manual, Chapte 8 "Programming the EPCS device". I am using the original USB and power supply cables. I am trying to program the converted .jic file to the EPCS128 on the FPGA. The MSEL is on "10010" as the manual indicates. Even after all that, I keep getting the same error.

Error (209025): Can't recognize silicon ID for device 2. A device's silicon ID is different from its JTAG ID. Verify that all cables are securely connected, select a different device, or check the power on the target system. Make sure the device pins are connected and configured correctly.

Error (209012): Operation failed

The progress bar in the Programmer fails at 43%. I´ve read similar topics and found about the TCK frequency of the JTAG on the USB Blaster II documentation. I´ve tried changing the TCK frequency but I only get as far as 74% with a value of 1MHz. I´ve tried with a lower values, but it seems it doesn´t seem to have any logical sense:

with 7MHz = 69%

with 6Mhz = 60%

with 800kHz = 53%

I thought it had something to do with the circuit itself but I am doing the tests with a very basic circuit, an AND gate with two inputs and its output. I can load the .sof file successfully, so there´s no problem with that. No matter what I do the error is the same. I really hope you can help me, as I have followed the manual closely and there should be no problem at all. Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Aldo,

It might be due to several reason.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/current/index.htm#msgs/msgs/epgme_d...

Can you remove the Cyclone V HPS in the programmer and try to program again?

THank You.

ABoni12
Novice

If I remove the HPS from the chain in the Programmer the progress bar fails inmmediately at 0%, giving me this error:

Error (209031): Device chain in Chain Description File does not match physical device chain -- expected 1 device(s) but found 2 device(s).

Anyway, I solved it, converting my .sof file selecting the serial device as EPCS64 (opposed to the EPCS128, as the manual said). That way I programmed it without probem. And all of it because the user manual had an error, yikes. Anyway, thanks!

YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Sir, so you are saying that you are converting sof to JIC by selecting EPCS64 but in hardware, you are using EPCS128?

ABoni12
Novice

Yes, I´am selecting the EPCS64 as the serial configuration device. It seems that it is the hardware too, I used to think that it was the EPCS128 (as the manual said) but upon further reading I found in different sites that in later revisions, they changed it, from EPCS128 to EPCS64.

In the PDF manual there is a Chapter 9. Appendix section, but the 1.7 "Change EPCS128 to EPCS64" revision is not.{ñ.JPG

YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I am glad that the problem is already solved? Is there any other help needed? If not, i will close this thread.

ABoni12
Novice

Yes, I consider it solved after reading the new revision appendix. I hope this thread helps someone in the future. You may close the thread. Thank you.