FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Error (213019): Can't scan JTAG chain. Error code 87, while uploading project to DE10 nano board

ATapi1
Beginner

hi!, you see guys I've been working with this board like for a year, but after I tried to make my own HPS systems, i stopped using it like for a month and a few weeks before, when i try to turn it on it just turns on with a dimmed light on all the LEDs and never does the default "heartbeat" on them, I ignored that and tried to upload my project to it anyways but I get the error mentioned above, did I accidentally burned something? or how should I start troubleshooting this? I try entering the Jtag debugger on quartus but I honestly dont know how to use it, so any help would be appreciated.

If my post lacks information I could give you guys, please tell, i just dont do it because I feel like this is all i know about the problem

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

1. Ensure that the download cable is functioning.
  2. Ensure all power supplies to the device are within recommended operating conditions. Refer to the respective device handbook for the correct voltage level.
  3. Also make sure all the components in power power path.

Let me know if this has helped resolve the issue you are facing or if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Anand Raj Shankar

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

0 Kudos
a_x_h_75
New Contributor III

Can you use the Quartus programmer to scan the JTAG chain? I'm afraid it doesn't sound good. If the programmer can't see the device then it's probably game over.

Cheers,

Alex

0 Kudos