FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5279 Discussions

Error in NIOS II project: " address 0x132c4 of <project_name>.elf section `.rwdata' is not within region `<memory_name>

ABola2
Novice

I am using Quartus standard to create a NIOS II project, once I've created the project and build it it gives me this error, even while using a very simple hello world.

Please help

@AhmedH_Intel​  @AAnan​ 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi Amanda, Due to insufficient memory size in .qsys file, Eclipse® assembler is not able to fit the software regions in that memory. Do the following steps to end this: 1- Go to your Platform Designer (Qsys®) project. 2-Open the on-chip memory properties. 3- Increase the memory size to a value that fits the design and doesn't exceed the available memory size mentioned in the datasheet. 4- Recompile the Quartus® project. 5-Regenerate the BSP and rebuild the application. Regards,

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi Amanda, Due to insufficient memory size in .qsys file, Eclipse® assembler is not able to fit the software regions in that memory. Do the following steps to end this: 1- Go to your Platform Designer (Qsys®) project. 2-Open the on-chip memory properties. 3- Increase the memory size to a value that fits the design and doesn't exceed the available memory size mentioned in the datasheet. 4- Recompile the Quartus® project. 5-Regenerate the BSP and rebuild the application. Regards,