FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5915 Discussions

Error loading .sof to Cyclone IV GX Transceiver Kit

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

I have been trying to load a .sof file to the Cyclone IV GX Transceiver Kit. But the quartus ii programmer fails instantly once i click 'start'. I tried multiple sample design's sof file, all of them failed immediately. Could anyone give me some pointers on what might the problems be? 

USB Blaster is properly installed and added, mode is in JTAG. 

Very appreciated for your help!  

-Leon.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Read the messages window back in the main Quartus GUI, and it usually indicates the source of the problem that the programmer is having. 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Dave,  

Very appreciated for your reply, but the reply window didn't indicate anything other than successful compilation from earlier stage. the loading just failed in a blink of eye.  

Thanks, 

Leon.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

but the reply window didn't indicate anything other than successful compilation from earlier stage. the loading just failed in a blink of eye.  

--- Quote End ---  

The messages window has multiple tabs. I think you just looked at the "Processing" tab. Click on the "System" tab to see the programmer messages. 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

ops.... i should be shamed of myself for not noticing that... very appreciated for your pointer.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

ops.... i should be shamed of myself for not noticing that... very appreciated for your pointer. 

--- Quote End ---  

No problem, hopefully the messages help resolve your issue :) 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos