FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
4953 Discussions

Error with bootloader for board update portal design

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hello, 

I have a Stratix IV GX devkit board and I want to use the board update portal design. If I load the .sof file and the software given as example, no problem. 

Now I changed nothing and I try to synthesize it then it was no more working. I have seen that sopc builder show warnings telling that onchip_ram_m9 is not initialized, the same for descriptor memory. Then I check Initialize the memory content for these two blocks. 

I synthesize it and it was ok, I made changes to replace sram by ddr3 but it doesn't work (but it was normal, I have done some mistakes). 

So I deleted my folder and and took again the original one but now, impossible to synthesize my desgin. I always have the message : "Error: Data size does not match the number of bytes at line 65537 in Hexadecimal (Intel-Format) File "onchip_ram_m9.hex"" 

I am not familiar with bootloader, I don't understand what happens, it seems that the onchip_ram_m9.hex file is generated by sopc builder so what could be wrong ? Why the descriptor_memory.hex file is given with the reference design and not the onchip_ram_m9 one ? 

Other point that seems strange is the onchip_ram_m9.hex file : 

65536 :04FFFF0000000000FE 

65537: 04100000000000000EC 

65538 :04100010000000000DC 

The first part seems to be an address so why it is not 0500000 instead of 04100000 

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
0 Replies