FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5930 Discussions

Event 114431 / How to send to analysis 3pcs ALC3-1AB300530001_BGA / EP4SGX230HF35I3N

ADobr
Beginner

FCT test fail

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Please tell me the story of this part, how you discovered that it is fails part? How it was measured, and such as that. Also, did you observe a functional failure in the operation of the device?

0 Kudos
ADobr
Beginner
Hi Wany, Please see attached the failure description. Component marking: Stratix IV EP4SGX230HF35I3N H CAIA 81843A KOREA S838AF2C 4Q1HA8TOL PO: 20E006736 Please provide RMA and shipping details ion order to send the parts to analysis. Thank you and Best Regards, [cid:image001.png@01D215AB.1E6879C0] Alina Dobri Supplier Quality Engineer Calea Torontalului DN6, km5.7 RO-300000 Timisoara Romania Phone number: 0040356474010 Creating value that increases customer competitiveness alina.dobri@flex.com<mailto:alina.dobri@flex.com> www.flextronics.com<http://www.flextronics.com/>
0 Kudos
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Alina,

Unfortunately, the details given is not enough to request for ERMA.

To make it easier, could you share with me ;

1. What is the failure rate? What is the failure rate vs. tested sample? Example: 2 out of 100 units.

2. What is the failure symptom? Please elaborate the failure symptom in detail. 

3. When did the failure happen? How did you discover the failure? 

4. How did you determine the failure? Please elaborate the procedures. 

5. Does the failure unit ever working before failure?

6. Did they violate solder re-flow temperature profiles, moisture sensitivity? Please provide the re-flow temperature profiles. 

7. Did you swap the failure device to a known good board? Is the failure following the device or board?

8. Is this a prototype build or volume/mass production?

9. Kindly provide quantitative investigation result that could proof the failure is Intel FPGA induced. 

Please do not share confidential information publicly. If you required private message, please do let us know.

Thanks!

Wani

0 Kudos
ADobr
Beginner
Hi WaniMy,, Please see below the answers available. Can you provide RMA? 1. What is the failure rate? What is the failure rate vs. tested sample? Example: 2 out of 100 units. The failure rate is 5.63% for last year (12 out of 213 units) 1. What is the failure symptom? Please elaborate the failure symptom in detail. Timing issue had been detected on Chopin device (volatile FW). MT3T8 Chopin fixing image must not be used in FCT, as it works as screening image, to prevent misbehavior of new MT3T8 deliveries with SW Rel <= Rel 8.0. 1. When did the failure happen? How did you discover the failure? The units are failed in FCT with ‘chopin ssfsk test’. 1. How did you determine the failure? Please elaborate the procedures.
0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

I am helping Wani as she is out for maternity leave.

Sorry but Intel still grant FA approval yet as the problem statement is not clear to us and I am not sure how you isolate the failure to Stratix IV FPGA device.

1. First of all, I can only see you answered half of the questions that Zawani shared with you earlier. Can you respond to remaining questions ?
  2. The failure description - Timing issue had been detected on Chopin device (volatile FW). MT3T8 Chopin fixing image must not be used in FCT, as it works as screening image, to prevent misbehavior of new MT3T8 deliveries with SW Rel <= Rel 8.0.
  • All these statement clearly stated your firmware design encountered timing violation due to wrong image used for production testing.
    • This looks to me like your own user error from your factory site.
    • May I know how do you isolate this failure to Stratix IV FPGA at all ?

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

Sorry for the typo.

I meant Intel can't grant FA approval yet until we confirmed this is a valid case that's related to FPGA failure.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos