FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5239 Discussions

Example Design Fails Compilation Due To "Timing Requirements NOT MET"

th_fpga_2022
Beginner

Hi guys,

I have recently bought Intel Stratix 10 MX FPGA Development Kit.

The official link is included here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/fpga/development-kits/stratix/10-mx.html

I want to learn about DDR[4] DIMM design and testing.

I can see that there is a package for an example design, from the link above.

May I ask if anybody can update the example design to the newer version of "Quartus (Quartus Prime Pro 22.1)" please ??

Because I think the provided example design is old/outdated and failed the timing analysis during compilation (i.e. IP upgrade ??).

I mean I could have spent a lot of time trying to see where the timing fails, BUT I think that would defeat my purpose of buying this kit and learn the example design.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Have a nice day,

TH

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

Hi TH,

The example design from the package cannot be updated and the design can usually run on a same version as it's been generated.

The errors are expected if you're using later version of Quartus.

I think you're submitting similar case in this link right:

https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-SoC-And-CPLD-Boards-And/How-To-Simulate-Example-Designs/m-p/1391...

I will continue to assist you on that case and let this case to be on community support.

Regards,

Adzim

th_fpga_2022
Beginner

Hi AdzimZM_Intel,

Thank you,

Have a nice day,

Tung Ho

AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.