FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5924 Discussions

Example Design Fails Compilation Due To "Timing Requirements NOT MET"

th_fpga_2022
Beginner

Hi guys,

I have recently bought Intel Stratix 10 MX FPGA Development Kit.

The official link is included here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/fpga/development-kits/stratix/10-mx.html

I want to learn about DDR[4] DIMM design and testing.

I can see that there is a package for an example design, from the link above.

May I ask if anybody can update the example design to the newer version of "Quartus (Quartus Prime Pro 22.1)" please ??

Because I think the provided example design is old/outdated and failed the timing analysis during compilation (i.e. IP upgrade ??).

I mean I could have spent a lot of time trying to see where the timing fails, BUT I think that would defeat my purpose of buying this kit and learn the example design.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Have a nice day,

TH

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

Hi TH,

The example design from the package cannot be updated and the design can usually run on a same version as it's been generated.

The errors are expected if you're using later version of Quartus.

I think you're submitting similar case in this link right:

https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-SoC-And-CPLD-Boards-And/How-To-Simulate-Example-Designs/m-p/1391535#M22565

I will continue to assist you on that case and let this case to be on community support.

Regards,

Adzim

0 Kudos
th_fpga_2022
Beginner

Hi AdzimZM_Intel,

Thank you,

Have a nice day,

Tung Ho

0 Kudos
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos