FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

FPGA最大功耗估计

Fresh_Leon
New Contributor I

您好,

我们打算用Arria 10GX做一块EVB,前期需要进行功耗估计。

我们知道QuartusII可以根据当前的project估算出FPGA的功耗。

但是,问题在于,project是一个不确定的量,一直在向前演进,直到整个FPGA的资源被耗尽。

所以,我们想预估一下当FPGA的使用率为100%时(包括transceiver),他的功耗应该如何估算?

谢谢。

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Yang Ni

1 thing we can do is to fill up the Early Power Estimator (EPE) sheet with the maximum resources that is available for particular device so that we can obtain the maximum power calculation from EPE.

Thanks.

Eng Wei

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Yang Ni

May I know if you are looking for power estimation? 

If yes, then you can refer to Early Power Estimator for early stage prototype and then move to Power Analyzer when you have your design ready:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/operation-and-testing/power/pow-powerplay.html

Thanks

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
Fresh_Leon
New Contributor I

Hi, Wei

Yes, I am looking for power estimation.

I know Intel has Early Power Estimator EXCEL and QuartusII to help estimae the power consumption.

But, all the estimation is based on the current project. 

Early Power Estimator need import related csv file which is exported from Quartus.

However, My project keeps growing, it can not be estimated.

So, I wonder, when the useage of FPGA is 100%, what the Maxium power consumption of one FPGA is?

Thanyou.

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Yang Ni

1 thing we can do is to fill up the Early Power Estimator (EPE) sheet with the maximum resources that is available for particular device so that we can obtain the maximum power calculation from EPE.

Thanks.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Yang Ni

Let me know if you have further request on this case before I transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos