FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5283 Discussions

FPGA Board with multiple optical interfaces.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm looking for a FPGA board with multiple multi-gigabit optical interfaces. I'd prefer the interfaces to be relatively simple. Something like SFPDP or fiber channel. The objective is to transfer twelve 2 synchronous Gb/s channels (for an aggregate of 24 Gb/s) optically. Can anyone recommend any board for this? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?language=english&categoryno=158&no=526 

Gives you four SFP+  

http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?language=english&categoryno=166&no=893 

gives you two SFP+ 

Pete 

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks Pete, 

These links don't work. Could you please re-post them. Did go over to the terasic site and found some relevant stuff. Just want to be sure that I did not miss anything. 

Thanks, 

Ravi
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I'm looking for a FPGA board with multiple multi-gigabit optical interfaces. I'd prefer the interfaces to be relatively simple. Something like SFPDP or fiber channel. The objective is to transfer twelve 2 synchronous Gb/s channels (for an aggregate of 24 Gb/s) optically. Can anyone recommend any board for this? Thanks. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, 

You can also look into the following link to see if can find any devkit that fit your requirement.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No links posted, Tiny007. 

Thanks.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Got it. Thanks Pete.