FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5929 Discussions

FPGA board with ADC/DAC for sensor system readouts

Joe_W
Beginner

Dear all,

Thank you for supplying the possibility to ask questions in this forum. I am new to most of the terminology here, please excuse. I am looking for a complete development/eval board for the readout of a sensor system, so far I could not find a suitable system here in the forum. This eval board should have the following functions:

1. Analog signal generation (which is fed into the sensor system)
  2. Analog interface to read in the sensor response (multi channel ideally)
  3. Digital signal processing of the original digital signal & digitized sensor feedback signal (mixing, filtering, ...)
  4. Connectivity via a serial interface which allows the transmission of the filtered and processed signal.

The specs for the board would be as follows:

• FPGA: at this point in time I am not sure about the necessary amount of logic gates. Necessary fcts of the FPGA are:
    • Communication with ADC's/DAC's
    • Digital control of some external components
    • Signal mixing/filtering/processing
    • I would be glad about advice on a recommended architecture.
  • DAC: >= 12 bit (ideally 16), 1-10 MHz
  • ADC: >= 12 bit (ideally 16), >=10 MHz, 1 channel (ideally 24 with a prior MUX, no parallel readout strictly necessary).
  • DI/O's: >= 24
  • Interface: ideally a simple interface like USB with min 1 Msps transmission rate.

If there is other points that need specification please let me know. I hope someone can give me a hint on possible solutions.

Thank you very much!

Johannes

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Johannes

You can check out Max 10 ADC features below:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/max-10/ug_m10_adc.pdf

Thanks.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Johannes

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that have been provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
Joe_W
Beginner

Hi Eng Wei,

Sorry for not replying. In the mean time I found a better solution to the problem however.

Best regards,

Johannes

0 Kudos