FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5930 Discussions

Files for Nios II development on kit

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello 

I am new to FPGA design and have just acquired the "Nois II Embedded Evaluation Kit". My first task was to write a simple program so Hello World here I come. Opening the Nios II IDE I am presented with a guided tutorial that has all the structure and files needed for my Hello World starter program. When creating the project for the new Hello World application I seem to have hit a problem as I cannot find the correct processor definition file for the kit. The kit I have includes the cyclone III and I cannot find this listed anywhere the closest I can find is the niosII_cycloneII_2c35 definition file. 

Can someone tell my where I can find the correct file or which file is compatible with this DEV kit. 

Thank you.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You should find those files on the CDROM included with the kit. I think it installs them in C:/altera/72/kits (unless you change the default installation path)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I do have the directory "c:/altera/72" but there is no sub directory by the name of "kits" under it. I have installed the development files through the DVD that came with the kit and through the startup dialog selected "Install free package" and accepted all the defaults. 

I now have a new problem, since I could not find the correct directories I uninstalled the applications that were install and attempted to reinstall the DVD files. However now I cannot get the NoisII IDE to reinstall the setup process goes through the installation dialogs but there is no application that has been installed. 

Can anyone suggest anything.
0 Kudos