FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5924 Discussions

Fitter Critical Warning on "unable to find Transceiver Reconfiguration Controllers"

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am working on a project with stratix V development kit. I keep getting this critical warning message:  

Critical Warning (184043): Fitter was unable to find Transceiver Reconfiguration Controllers associated with the following 8 transceiver PHY IP component blocks 

I have made sure the connection between the controller and transceiver instances are proper, and I am using the Quartus II 15.0. I have tried various transceiver bonding modes as well. 

Can anyone shed some light on this? 

Thanks, Z
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi zzephr, 

What is the PHY IP core that you are using and are you using Qsys in your design? You can try to look into the RTL viewer to see if there is any anomaly with you connection.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

You have to make sure the connection between transceiver reconfiguration controller (ALT_XVCR_RECONFIG) and XCVR PHY IP is working properly.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Z, 

Are all your connections connected? especially the refclk and reset of the reconfig controller?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

It seems like you have instantiated at least 8 transceiver PHY IPs. Probably you could try to start your design with only one transceiver PHY IP and one transceiver reconfiguration controller to see if warning still exist? Then only slowly increase the number of PHY IP to ease debugging.
0 Kudos