FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5232 Discussions

Getting the outputs resulta from a file in real time

SATC
New Contributor I

Hello, everyone.

How can I get the results of outputs and registers with the usb cable from a simulation running in real time? I'm trying the Signal Tap but I would like to know about others resources.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Sarah,

You can use In-System Sources and Probes (ISSP). It allows you to monitor various signals in the design on the device with a JTAG interface. May refer to below link for details related to Design Debugging Using In-System Sources and Probes 

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-qpp-debug.pdf (pg124)

Thanks,

Regards

sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Note that In-system Sources & Probes is only "real-time" as far as how fast signal info is sent over the JTAG connection, so you're talking about kHz speeds.  You're not going to be able to see high-speed signals toggling with ISSP.

Signal Tap really is the main debug tool for looking at signals, through they are frozen at a moment in time.

#iwork4intel