FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5921 Discussions

HEAT SINK ON ARRIA 10 KIT

MHada
Beginner

Hi,

Please can any one provide us with the part number and the make of the Heat Sink on ARRIA 10 Kit. 

Further whether it is sufficient for complex ARRIA 10 Developments. Any Thermal Analysis Report available with the design team for choosing that heat sink - must surely be there, if any one can please provide us with the same.

It is not from COFAN as mentioned in the documents. I have confirmed with COFAN, they say it is not their make.

Will request the community to help us in that.

Thanks a lot !!!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MHada
Beginner

I mean ARRIA 10 SOC Kit here. Please pardon the confusion here.

0 Kudos
MHada
Beginner

Waiting for a reply on this

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You should be estimating the Power consumed by the FPGA based on the design that you will be programming in it. The Power Estimator will help you in that. It also provides heat sink recommendation based upon the estimated power.

You can find more details and link to the tool from this document:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683688/18-0-1/overview-of-the-early-power-estimator.html

As far as the heat sink on the dev kit is considered, the BOM document is correct. There might be some custom production by the manufacturer.

Regards

0 Kudos
MHada
Beginner

Hi Ash,

We are doing all whatever you have mentioned to compute thermal requirements.

Please see the below image. Can you please let us know what is this heat sink that comes along with the kit and its specifications?

image.png

0 Kudos
MHada
Beginner

This is not a cofan item. I have spoken with them.

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The BOM information does not change between what is published or available internally to the team. The information comes from the board designers and are verified ones.

Regards

0 Kudos
MHada
Beginner

Hi Ash,

My simple query is whether anyone in INTEL can let me know the part number used on the KIT actually as shown in the image in my previous post.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

The heat sink part number is as mentioned in the BOM:

Item Description | Ref Des | Mfr. Name | Mfr. Part Number | Mfr. Part Description

0.7C/W 40MMX40MM | B3 | Cofan USA, Inc | 30-5723 | 0.70C/W 40x40

HEATSINK | | | | Heatsink

Regards

0 Kudos