FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5925 Discussions

HPS access the Avalon Memory-Mapped whether in pending status

Jacob999
Beginner

I use Avalon Memory-Mapped (Avalon-MM) interfaces to implement read and
write interfaces for master and slave components. HPS side is master and FPGA side is slave.

I find that HPS software code could not be pending when HPS launch one write/read transmission in waitrequest mode(the Avalon slave asserts waitrequest signal).

In the document description, " A slave asserts waitrequest when unable to respond to a
read or write request. Forces the master to wait until the interconnect is ready to proceed with the transfer. At the start of all transfers, a master initiates the transfer and waits until waitrequest is deasserted."  My question is how about the HPS write/read MM software code, whether also be pending like the Avalon master, how about that scheme need to be configured if we want to pend software code runs on ARM? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi Jacob

Are you referring to a flow control within the HPS?

For more information on the Flow Control between the Master and Slave you could refer to the document:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683091/20-1/typical-read-and-write-transfers.html

Regards

Jingyang,Teh

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi Jacob

Any update on this case?

Regards,

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi Jacob

We did not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos