FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5922 Discussions

Has anyone measured DE0-Nano EMI emissions?

AAlla1
Beginner

I am working on a system where a DE0-Nano board is used to record microphone data from PDM microphones. But I've noticed that the EMI associated with the FPGA board is causing a lot of noise in the data received from the microphones. The FPGA board is plugged into a custom "motherboard" PCB that connects the FPGA to a BeagleBone Black (BBB) via SPI. I've been able to remove the noise associated with EMI by enclosing the motherboard PCB with the FPGA and BBB in a cardboard box wrapped in aluminum foil. I've also noticed that it is equally effective to enclose only the FPGA and keep the BBB outside of the box. From this I've concluded that the BBB is not contributing in any significant way to the EMI affecting the microphones. Now I'm trying to determine if the EMI is coming from somewhere on the DE0-Nano FPGA board or if it could have something to do with the custom motherboard PCB. Does anyone have any measurements on EMI produced by the DE0-Nano FPGA by itself? or know of any way to reduce the EMI produced by the FPGA?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Welcome to INTEL forum. The DE0-Nano Board belong to Terasic. It would be better if you could contact Terasic for enquiry related to Terasic board. http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?CategoryNo=139&Language=English&No=593 Please accept my apologies for not being able to assist you fully as this is out of my expertise. Thank you for patience and understanding on this matter.
0 Kudos
AAlla1
Beginner

Well, Terasic's website has a help forum linked to this site. So I'd still appreciate help from anybody in the community who would be familiar with this matter.

0 Kudos