FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5930 Discussions

Hello, Can you please supply he MAX Reflow Temp for this Part EPM2210F324I5 with a TIN LEAD finish , we have a TEMP restriction of 220 MAX for the Profile due to the fact that we have other BGA's on the board that have a SAC405

JPolc1
Beginner

0 Kudos
5 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee
Hi Joe, Please refer to the link below for the temp: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an353.pdf (Page 5) Regards, Aiman
0 Kudos
JPolc1
Beginner

​Hello Aim,  I have looked at the information that you have sent.  For My part , it references to have a Peak Reflow Temperature of 220C   it is a 19 x 19 x 1.8 FPBGA part Number EPM2210F324I5 with a TIN LEAD finish .  My question is How can you have that exact same package and have it with Pb_Free Balls and have a Peak Reflow Temp of 250C?  I also see that the Note on the Bottom of the Table says that the Classification Temperature is +/- 2 C, would that mean that the Peak reflow Temp could be as high as 222 and as low as 218?   Also , is that Peak Reflow Temp a recommended , I have to run this PART a bit higher due to a SAC045 BGA, I need to be at least 221, for this part, will that be OK?

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee
Hi JPolc1, First of all, i need to clarify with you, is your device is a Pb free or not? If it is a Pb free, you can directly refer to the Table 4 in the link that has been provided before. It is not recommended to mix leaded and not leaded material. Regards, Aiman
0 Kudos
JPolc1
Beginner

This Device from Intel ​ has  Tin Lead Plating.  we also have other parts on the Board that are Pb free , It may not be recommended but this is what we have and we need to developed a Reflow Profile that will be ale to satisfy these conditions of having a PB Free parts and having Tin Pb parts.  The issue is this INTEL part that I am asking about , your material says Peak Reflow of 220 C, this creates   an issue since the Profile that we need has to be at least 219 C to accommodate the PB free part.  What I am asking is if the 220 C is a recommended Peak reflow  or can you be slightly over , possibly 1 or 2 degrees over.   

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee
Hi JPolc1, Apologize for the delay in response as we were having Public Holiday here. Per my understanding, you are using INTEL device that is Leaded and other device that is not Intel part which is Pb free to be developed together. Since the tolerance of all classification temperatures is ±2°C for Leaded Intel part, hence you can used ±2°C from 220 C from the recommended Peak Reflow. So it should be fine to be slightly over. Regards, Aiman
0 Kudos