FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

Help

vuqar
Beginner
The processor of my device altera stratix ep2s130f1020c3 does not work, I bought an ep2s130f1020c3n processor and it still did not work, can you tell me what is the difference between these, please
0 Kudos
13 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello vuqar,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to inform you that we have a forum for these specific issues and products, so we are moving it to the "FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits" forum so you can get better support for this matter.

Regards,
Deivid A.
Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

Can you explain in details what is not working? we can help you to debug.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
vuqar
Beginner
the processor was not working. I bought a new one. But the difference between the one I bought and the old one is that it has the letter n at the end. It didn't work. What could be the reason for it not working?
0 Kudos
FvM
Valued Contributor III

postfix "n" indicates lead-free (RoHS regulation compliant) package and doesn't involve functional differences. Correct selection of leaded/lead-free solder paste for reflow soldering is required with respective devices.

0 Kudos
vuqar
Beginner
Got it. Does it matter if it's ® or ™?
0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

No, it does not have functional different. So, both of the device does not work? Have you try other good working FPGA using the same board? What is the quartus version? Where did you purchase the device? Any error message shown?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
vuqar
Beginner
the device does not work, I bought a new processor, I put it on the same board, it did not work, there is only n letter difference in the code between the processors, and one has a ® ™ difference, what could be the reason for this, there is no error message on the screen, it does not pick up the new processor, as if the device is made of thermal paste?
0 Kudos
FvM
Valued Contributor III

Hello,
many unclear points
1. What is your board (Development kit, custom board, other commercial product)?

2. Did it ever work? If yes, under which conditions did the board fail?

3. Where did you purchase the Stratix II FPGA, authorized Intel distributor or other source?

4. How was the rework carried out?

In case you are talking about a FPGA module rather than a discrete FPGA componenet, please clarify.

Regards,

Frank

0 Kudos
vuqar
Beginner
my board is a special board. I put the new one I bought and there was no reaction. When I bought the new one, I bought it from ebay, someone said that the processor has a program or not, so it might not work. Also, if you give me your whatsapp number, I can take a clearer picture.
0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Please provide all of the information above so we can provide further investigation.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
vuqar
Beginner
my board is a special board. I put the new one I bought and there was no reaction. When I bought the new one, I bought it from ebay, someone said that the processor has a program or not, so it might not work. Also, if you give me your whatsapp number, I can take a clearer picture.
0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Sorry to tell you, if the FPGA was NOT purchase through Intel authorize distributor, we do not guarantee the functionality. We also unable to provide further support to this case.

Additionally, you might need to check the board, it can be the board is broken hence the FPGA is not working on it.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos