FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

Hi, We have "W25Q64JVSSIQ" QSPI flash with us and we want to use "pfl". Does the pfl support the QSPI flash we are using. Thanks in advance.

vBogu1
Beginner

0 Kudos
9 Replies
SreekumarR_G_Intel
can you tell me FPGA part number you are targeting to use with the QSPI ?
0 Kudos
vBogu1
Beginner

We are doing two different designs. In one it is 10M04 and in the other it is 10M16

0 Kudos
SreekumarR_G_Intel

Both the device part number looks max 10 , Hope you know Max 10 is flash based FPGA (Internal flash memory hold the configuration and also it do have internal user flash memory for different bit stream).I dont think so you required the external flash to save the sof to re-program every time when power reset . Is that any other purpose you looking for PFL ?

0 Kudos
vBogu1
Beginner

To write Nios II processor program into the QSPI flash we need to use PFL . So, I would like to know whether the devices we are using contains it or not?

0 Kudos
SreekumarR_G_Intel

Thank you for the info, Sorry Looks we are not supporting the winbond flash.

Here is the PFL guide for reference .

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_pfl.pdf

Regards,

Sree

0 Kudos
vBogu1
Beginner

We already referred to this document and know that Winbond flash memories are not directly supported. However in a lot of instances earlier, memories not mentioned explicitly in the datasheets were supported. Hence the query.

Request you to please check with the design team (or someone who has knowledge of the memories, since a lot of these have a similar architectures).

Thank you .

0 Kudos
SreekumarR_G_Intel

Requesting to file the IPS case for additional support from Intel or Contact your near by distributor for further support.

Thank you ,

Regards,

Sree

0 Kudos
vBogu1
Beginner

How to file the IPS case.

0 Kudos
SreekumarR_G_Intel

Kindly contact your nearest distributor , i hope they will definitely able to guide you .

0 Kudos