FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

Hilo DDR fail

covfefe
New Contributor I

Hello,

I have an Arria 10 SOC Dev Kit 5AGXSK00007586, and seem to be unable to get the Hilo DDR daughterboard working. 

I have checked the hardware connection, made sure there are no bent/broken pins. All other interfaces seem ok. When I try to load one of the intel example, I get a calibration failure. 

Is it possible I have a faulty DDR4 board? 

I can't seem to find a way to contact intel support, aside from posting in this forum. 

Please let me know if there is a better way, or if someone can DM me

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. May we know, is this the board that you’re referring to? https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/fpga/development-kits/arria/10-sx.html

covfefe
New Contributor I

yes, this is the one

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Are you using the example design in the .zip you download from the dev kit's web page?  Or are you trying to create a new example design in the EMIF IP?

0 Kudos
covfefe
New Contributor I

I'm using the Intel examples. 

I was able to get ahold of another dev kit, the same example ran fine on the 2nd kit.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for confirmation. We can help you with RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) proses. The failure description you provided is too general to understand the actual failure behavior at your site. Intel requires details information. Please help to answer questions below in order for us to better understand your position.

1. What is the failure symptom? Please elaborate the failure symptom in detail.

2. When did the failure happen? How you discover the failure? Provide the ERROR screenshot if any

3. How did you determine the failure? Please elaborate the procedures. Steps taken.

4. Does the failure unit ever working before failure?

5. Could you provide the copy of invoice that show the ship-date? This is required for warranty checking.

Could you provide the following for checking?

Name:

Email Address:

Company/University Name:

Dev kit OPN :

Serial Number :

For privacy, You can reply/attach your file in private message.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos