FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
4953 Discussions

How GPIO could connect with the ultrasonic sensor

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hey, I am doing a project with the DE2 Board. The main device that i am going to use is the  

Ping))) ultrasonic sensor. The manual sheet is here:XXX.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/acc/28015-PING-v1.6.pdf(sorry guys, you need to change XXX to www) 

First, I am not sure is the power supply go for drive the sensor? Second, which pin of the GPIO is the GND? or the GND is just an output with 0?  

BTW, i am a newbie, so i am not sure what i thought is correct, please correct me if i am wrong. 

This is my thought about using the sensor, It requires a 40Khz pulse. So, I set the pin to output and set value to 1 for 40khz period. then i set the interrupt enable, adjust the pin to input, and wait for the value 1. the last thing i need to do is calculate the distance based on the time period. 

Anyway, this is my idea about my final project, I am not sure is that too hard or too easy. 

Please help me.....
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I am sorry, I POST THREE OF IT...PLEASE dont delete it....it is really in a hurry! 

Thank you