FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5924 Discussions

How can I measure power consumption on MAX10 Eval Board?

ch_briand
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to study power consumption of a MAX10 (10M50F484), and I am using the Evaluation Kit. The MAX 10 FPGA 10M50 Evaluation Kit User Guide says in the first section that this kit enables user to "Measure FPGA power (VCC_CORE)", but I can't find how to do so. 

Could you provide me with some resources about how/what I should measure on the board to access VCC_CORE?

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Welcome to INTEL forum. You could measure the power consumption of a MAX10 by using multimeter and perform on board measurement. Then calculate power consumption.

Refer here, https://www.programmersought.com/article/38681723188/

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hope all is well. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
ch_briand
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for the link you send, it gave me an idea about what to do!

Unfortunately, this tutorial is dedicated to MAX10 10M08SAE144C8GES, and I am working on 10M50F484.

Though I understand that I should use the Test Pads on the board, the ones I can use on mine seem to be linked to GND (as you can see in the picture attached).

For instance, if I want to measure the current drawn for the CORE voltage, where should I put the multimeter on the board?

Thank you in advance,

0 Kudos