FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5931 Discussions

How do I build a simple video test pattern?

YBenN
Beginner

Hi 

I am trying to generate a simple test pattern using the PLATFORM DESIGNER with the TEST PATTERN GENERATOR IP. Can anyone refer me to an example of that kind of a system build in the QSYS/PLATFORM DESIGNER? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BoonT_Intel

Dear Sir,

Can you refer to our VIP suites user guide. Go to Test Pattern Generator II IP Core chapter and you can use this IP core to generate the video pattern. This IP can be found under QSYS/PLATFORM DESIGNER?

0 Kudos
YBenN
Beginner

Thank you!

I reviewed the user guide. What I am missing is the correct way to build the system under the platform designer. I have a cyclone 5 GX starter EV board. It has a HDMI port and I also have an extender of DVI HSMC.

What I want to do is to generate a test pattern and output it to the HDMI port or to the DVI hsmc extender.

So I implemented a system in the platform designer which includes a clock source, clocked video output and a test pattern generator. How can I take out the data to either HDMI or DVI ports?

Is there an IP to it?

0 Kudos
BoonT_Intel
Hi Sir, In platform designer, you can see under 'connections' column, it allow you to tick on the dot to connect the data. If the connection is not exist, you can go to 'Export' column and double click to export. Then it will export to the Qsys top level and you can connect it from there.
0 Kudos