FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5922 Discussions

How do we send to Intel/Altera EN5339QI FPGA to Intel for failure analysis? There was a short on 1.8V on the power IC component. After replacing the power IC component, the drive was detected.

GLefk
Beginner

I am having difficulty navigating through Intel's website to find out how to get customer support.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Mostafa_Intel_AE
Employee
Hello Glenn, I have sent to you a personal Email, please help to provide the required information. Regards, Mostafa
0 Kudos
GLefk
Beginner

Hi Mostafa,

Thank you so much! I will fill out this Intel/Empirion Device Problem Report and return it to you for this one part. I really appreciate your support.

Thanks,

Glenn

0 Kudos
GRuiy
Beginner

Hi Mostafa,

I am also looking to send a few Intel/Altera parts for failure analysis but cannot figure out where to go on the Intel website. Can you please help?

Thanks,

Gabriella

0 Kudos
Mostafa_Intel_AE
Employee

Hi Gabriella,

We are sorry for late response.

To send any Intel/Enpirion devices for FA, you need to open a Forum case and mention that you need FA and please mention the device part number that has the failure, so you can get a faster response.

Also you can contact Intel/Enpirion field engineer or the TS on your region, so he can help you to debug the device and also get the internal factory engineering support if needed.

Also you can open an IPS (Intel Premier Support:https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/support/ips/training/welcome.html) case and request a FA for an Intel device.

Regards,

Mostafa

0 Kudos
GLefk
Beginner

How do we get a status update for our failure analysis? We submitted one part a few weeks ago, but have heard nothing from Intel.

We appreciate some feedback from Mostafa.

Thanks,

Glenn

0 Kudos
Mostafa_Intel_AE
Employee

Hi Glenn,

We are sorry if you had miss our email early on March 25th that have the FA report.

I have re-attached that FA report to you today through the email, please help to confirm that you already successfully received it.

Regards,

Mostafa

0 Kudos
GLefk
Beginner

Hi Mostafa,

The Intel Failure Analysis report is excellent, very detailed. The report states that a few solder pads on the bottom of the device should not be soldered to the board.

"Grey area highlights the exposed metal referred to as NC (No-Connect) or Keep Out Pads. These should not be electrically inter-connected or connected to the PCB. Solder on these pads suggest that these pins may have had exposure to electrical shorts with other pins. Failure to follow this guideline may result in part malfunction or damage."

I would suggest that if you don't want these pads to be soldered, then don't put these solder pads on the component.

Thanks,

Glenn

0 Kudos
Mostafa_Intel_AE
Employee

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately these pads are necessary where it is related to the leadframe and it supports mounting the internal on package component.

Regards,

Mostafa

0 Kudos