I am trying to get the NIOS II SBT for Eclipse to work with Quartus 19.1. I have followed the activation instructions referenced at the end of this message. In Step 2 below, by running Winzip as an “administrator”, I was able to get it to unzip and install in the correct subdirectory as instructed. Afterwards the “NIOS II Software Build Tools for Eclipse” seem to run OK from the Quartus Prime Lite “Tools” menu. However, when I went to create a new application and bsp from template, I got the error shown at the beginning of this message.
I have no idea what this error means or how to correct it. I tried running the “NIOS II Software Build Tools for Eclipse” from the Windows Start menu with the exact same result.
It doesn’t seem to be anything to do with the particular project that I am working with as the NIOS II SBT in Quartus 18.1 works OK with this project. When I opened up another old project (which also works well in 18.1 ) in 19.1 and tried to create a new application and bsp from template, I also get the exact same error.
Since I had to use "Administrator Rights" to install the zip file, maybe there is some problem along the same line that I can't figure out?
Can any help me with this problem?
This is not an answer, but I forgot to include the installation instructions that i have been using. Here they are:
3.1. Installing Eclipse IDE into Nios II EDS
Starting with Nios® II EDS v19.1, the Nios® II EDS requires the Eclipse IDE component to be manually installed.
The procedure for installing Eclipse IDE:
- Download CDT 8.8.1 which is Eclipse C/C++ IDE for Mars.2.
- Extract the downloaded file into this directory: < Intel® Quartus® Prime installation directory>/nios2eds/bin.
- You should see the < Intel® Quartus® Prime installation directory>/nios2eds/bin/eclipse folder after extraction is done.
- Rename the < Intel® Quartus® Prime installation directory>/nios2eds/bin/eclipse folder to < Intel® Quartus® Prime installation directory>/nios2eds/bin/eclipse_nios2.
- Extract < Intel® Quartus® Prime installation directory>/nios2eds/bin/eclipse_nios2_plugins.zip for Windows or < Intel® Quartus® Prime installation directory>/nios2eds/bin/eclipse_nios2_plugins.tar.gz for Linux* to < Intel® Quartus® Prime installation directory>/nios2eds/bin.
- The extraction overrides files in < Intel® Quartus® Prime installation directory>/nios2eds/bin/eclipse_nios2.
- Verify the extraction is done correctly by making sure you see the < Intel® Quartus® Prime installation directory>/nios2eds/bin/eclipse_nios2/plugin_customization.ini file.
- You can now launch Nios® II SBT for Eclipse using eclipse-nios2.exe.
- Note: The instructions are also included in the < Intel® Quartus® Prime installation directory>/nios2eds/bin/README file.
Have you tried below workaround ?
On the other hand, can you try not to open the Nios Eclipse tool from Quartus or Platform Designer.
Can you try to launch the Nios Eclipse standalone tool and load the .sopcinfo and check if you can create the hello world ?
Below is for your reference.
Can you follow below, also make sure you are using 64bit system.
Starting with Nios II EDS in Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition version 19.2 and Intel Quartus Prime Standard Edition version 19.1, the Cygwin component in the Windows version of Nios II EDS has been removed and replaced with WSL. For installation instructions, refer to the Installing Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) on the Windows section in the Nios II Software Developer Handbook. For machines installed with McAfee Endpoint Security, the minimum requirement is Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS build 17763). If you are using a network drive for the Nios II EDS, the minimum requirement is Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS build 18362).
You may refer to page 17 of https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/nios2/n2sw_nii5v2gen2.pdf
I follow the "Nios II Software Developer Handbook" 3.1.1. Windows Installation but when I unzip the eclipse_nios2_plugins, Eclipse won't run anymore. It run without unzip it. I obtain the following errors from log: (JRE is installed. JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin
!SESSION Sat Jan 09 22:03:57 GMT+01:00 2021 ------------------------------------ !ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.launcher 4 0 2021-01-09 22:03:57.306 !MESSAGE Exception launching the Eclipse Platform: !STACK java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:666) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:608) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1515) at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1488)
Couldypou help me please?